Saturday, July 14, 2012

Coming Next Month, On the Radio

On Saturday, August 4--at 2:00 p.m. Central Time--I will host my very own live call-in hour long radio show! Yes, live from our basement in Wichita, Kansas, I'll present the story of the English Reformation every Saturday afternoon for 12 weeks, until October 20 on Radio Maria, US. I think we will call it something creative like "Catholics and the English Reformation" and the content will be based on my book, Supremacy and Survival: How Catholics Endured the English Reformation.

Radio Maria US is part of a worldwide Catholic radio network that began in Italy and has stations in Louisiana, Mississippi, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Texas, and Wisconsin. It streams live on line and has apps for Blackberry, Android, and the iPhone, too. If Radio Maria is happy with my effort, and I am also willing, we might collaborate on another series, with another topic from Church History--something on Blessed John Henry Newman, maybe?

This all came about because I sent a review copy of my book and my CV to the host of one of their shows, "Meet the Author"! When you are trying to reach different audiences, I guess you never know what opportunities might present themselves.

I will provide updates on the program every week here on this blog, so just check back often! It's just three weeks away, you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment