Monday, August 23, 2021

A Note on Comments on this Blog


I don't always check on pending comments as often as I should, and I apologize for that. But I will not apologize for not approving a comment that takes the Holy Name of Our Lord in vain. A reader submitted a comment sometime last week blaspheming the Name of Jesus and I deleted that comment. The reader may have been using emphatic language to make a point and did not mean to make offense.

I don't think that Blogger, the template I'm using to publish this blog, provides me any way to respond to the reader without posting the comment and I just couldn't post the comment. I've never had to say this on my blog, but if you wish to make a comment that I'll approve, please keep it clean, proof and review what you want to say, and then submit your comment. I'll try to approve it and respond to it as soon as I can!

As the Litany of the Holy Name of Jesus concludes:

V. Lamb of God, who takest away the sins of the world,
R. spare us, O Jesus.
V. Lamb of God, who takest away the sins of the world,
R. graciously hear us, O Jesus.
V. Lamb of God, who takest away the sins of the world,
R. have mercy on us, O Jesus.

V. Jesus, hear us.
R. Jesus, graciously hear us.

Let us pray.
O Lord Jesus Christ, You have said, "Ask and you shall receive, seek, and you shall find, knock, and it shall be opened to you." Grant, we beg of You, to us who ask it, the gift of Your most divine love, that we may ever love You with our whole heart, in word and deed, and never cease praising You.

Give us, O Lord, as much a lasting fear as a lasting love of Your Holy Name, for You, who live and are King for ever and ever, never fail to govern those whom You have solidly established in Your love.
Amen.

Thank you very much.

Image Credit: (Public Domain) IHS monogram, with kneeling angels, atop the main altar, Church of the Gesù, Rome.

No comments:

Post a Comment