Saturday, August 14, 2010

Henry VIII and "Choosing a Good Husband"

Last weekend, my husband and I dropped in on the Midwest Catholic Family Conference here in Wichita to visit the vendors--particularly to meet with one vendor and one speaker. My husband took this picture and then recognized the juxtaposition of one of the images on my book and the title next to it--Henry VIII and The ABC's of Choosing a Good Husband!

Among all his other qualities, being a good husband might not be Henry VIII's strongest.

In my high school Latin class, we called that "litotes"!

There is also a companion volume, The ABC's of Choosing a Good Wife! In his own estimation, he may not have a good record there either: two for six?

3 comments:

  1. It is an understatement to say that his Queens should have read this book before venturing into a relationship with Henry!! Very funny observation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Elena Maria, it was really my husband's idea . . .

    ReplyDelete