Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Two Weeks From Today: Cardinal Newman Lecture

If my Cardinal Newman lecture is only two weeks from today, then you are only two weeks away from the beginning of Lent!

I'll be speaking at Newman University on Ash Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. in the Dugan-Gorges Conference Center.

More information will be coming very soon but here is a link to information on the Newman University website.

My topic is Newman and the Liturgy: Affliction and Love in Lent. It is based mostly upon his Parochial and Plain Sermons, but also on his Catholic homilies and his life and spirituality.

Mass for Ash Wednesday with the imposition of ashes will follow my presentation at 9:00 p.m. in St. John's Chapel inside Sacred Heart Hall.

My talk is all typed out--now it's just practice, practice, practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment