Monday, April 13, 2020

Christ Is Risen! He is Truly Risen!


As it may have been for many of you who read this blog--if you are Christian and especially if you are Catholic--this past Holy Week and Easter has been an amazing and confusing experience for me. Except for illness (my own or a family members) I cannot remember missing all of the Masses and services for Holy Week, the Paschal Triduum, and Easter Sunday.

We've all had to deal in it with different ways, liturgically, virtually, spiritually, emotionally, and even socio-politically, as in debating what course our governing agencies, including our bishops and pastors, should be taking.

Whatever our responses to this crisis, the fact remains that our Savior has saved us and He Is Risen: He Lives!

Because He Lives, we live and have the hope of eternal life with him. No matter what I went through last week, I Know that My Redeemer Liveth:

I know that my redeemer liveth 
And that he shall stand 
At the latter day, upon the earth 

And though worms destroy this body 
Yet in my flesh shall I see God 

For now is Christ risen from the dead 
The first fruits of them that sleep 
Of them that sleep 

Handel's Messiah debuted in Dublin on April 13, 1742! Hallejuah!

No comments:

Post a Comment