Friday, November 9, 2012

Interview with Ian Rutherford, Aquinas and More

A few weeks ago, I talked with Ian Rutherford of (St. Thomas) Aquinas and (St. Thomas) More Catholic Goods in Colorado Springs, Colorado; the interview is now available on-line as a podcast. Ian's comments from his blog:

Typically, I'll interview authors about new books but I think that the current conflict between church and state over what the state can force the church to do is actually a very old conflict. In Supremacy and Survival, Stephanie Mann tells the story of how the Catholic Church dealt with the English Reformation and in spite decades of efforts to completely destroy the Catholic Church, the English Catholic Church not only survived but today has more adherents than the state church of England.
 
I'm also partial to the history of the Reformation because I chose St. Thomas More as one of the patrons for our store.

I enjoyed my conversation with Ian very much--you can listen to it here. I admire his efforts to create a Catholic book and gift shop where the customer can trust she is buying books and products faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Church. Aquinas and More Catholic Goods also does not stock any religious (statues, rosaries, paper products) made in China. More about Aquinas and More here.

If you don't have a copy of Supremacy and Survival: How Catholics Endured the English Reformation yet (!?!?) you can order it from Aquinas and More here.

No comments:

Post a Comment